Web Designer | Full Time
As a Web Designer at LeaseLabs, you will work with our team to create amazing digital experiences. You will need to set the bar for functional interfaces, higher than most and you’ll be expected to do this in a range of projects. Our designers can move promptly from one project to another with an absolute focus on the task. You must be confident to speak with clients, work in a team, and communicate your ideas, through sketching, design iteration, and whatever it takes. This might include wireframes, mood boards, design concepts, and design production. We’re looking for talented and hungry individuals obsessed with aesthetics, design & technology. Most importantly, you possess the passion to design exceptional, beautiful, and functional experiences.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the user’s journey/goals and translate into interaction & visual interface design.
- Create profound digital experiences based by utilizing creative briefs.
- Design updates and enhancements to existing websites.
- Create style guides and formulate assets that are prepared and optimized for development.
- Organize and populate brand assets/photos and font libraries.
- Support Product teams and client-facing Account Management teams to strategically concept, design, and deliver both products and custom pro website experiences.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, developers, project managers, and account managers in an agile environment on the creation, enhancement, documentation, and adoption of outlined design operations.
- Advocate for and govern web principles and industry-standard strategies
- Embrace and apply design-thinking principles along with systems-thinking.
- Constantly develop yourself and contribute to the movement of a design-driven company.
required knowledge skills & abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia/Web Design/Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Web Design, UI UX design, Interaction Design.
- Experience with sketching, concept creation, wireframing, producing sitemaps, creating prototypes.
- Must present a strong online portfolio of website experience examples.
- Basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 and how website design translates along with understanding limitations.
- Proficiency with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Ability to collaborate/co-design with other designers, developers, and marketing.
- Must understand design for adaptive and responsive development.
- Solid experience with typography, composition, animation, color, and interactive elements for scalable dynamic interfaces.
- Ability to create style guides showing fonts, interactive states, and all essential details for the Development Team.
- Must have a strong understanding of design fundamentals and able to carry a concept that is appropriate to a client’s strategy, demographic, and established designs.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment with exceptional attention to detail.
- Capable of foreseeing and solving issues related to browser compatibility, and other devices/OS concerns.
preferred knowledge skills & abilities:
- Proficiency with InVision
- Video/animation experience is a huge plus
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are a plus including the ability to communicate design rationale and speak intellectually to clients about the fundamentals/psychology of interface design and web technologies
- Company Events (including Wine Wednesdays, Fit Challenges, & Volunteer Events)
- Fido Fridays – we love our furry friends!
- Work From Home Fridays
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Excellent office location and casual environment
- Advancement opportunities as the company grows and expands markets