The SEO Analyst is responsible for understanding the architecture, design, development and maintenance for innovative, engaging and informative sites.
The SEO Analyst reports directly to the SEO Manager.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform technical site audit to ensure site is search engine friendly for desktop and mobile.
- Report any issues to dev team to get them fixed.
- Understand web code to ensure quality, content and readability by search engines.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Marketing, Product and Engineering partners to push for technical SEO best practices.
- Develop a strategy for the improvement of organic search ranking and the maximization of ROI.
- Develop and prioritize keywords to attract target audience.
- Monitor and analyze SEO metrics.
- Build systems and best practices to ensure that all content is optimal for SEO.
- Communicate the performance of process improvements to the SEO Manager.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine and internet marketing industry trends and developments and report changes as needed.
- Look for and create opportunities to increase domain authority through backlinks, blogs, press releases, and other mediums.
- Executing on-page SEO elements and mapping strategies. Example: title tag, description, headings, internal linking, Alt tags, etc.
- Understand, implement, and manage local listings and citation submissions.
- Understand and implement local link earnings strategies.
- Create monthly, quality high level as well as in depth reports.
- Ability to communicate directly with clients.
- Passion for search engine optimization.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere with a large portfolio of accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Experience in multifamily housing preferred.
- Quickly learn the industry and apply multifamily knowledge to Internet marketing initiatives and achieving client goals.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Facilitate periodic touch points with client personnel to understand client satisfaction, use of SEO, open issues and opportunities
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of working experience with SEO.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects/factors to local SEO including site structure, on-page and off-page SEO.
- Ability to analyze website performance in relation to SEO.
- Knowledge and experience using the following tools and software: Google Analytics, Google Console, Google Keyword Planner, Moz Local, Yext, Ahrefs, Crazy Egg, Optimizely, Open Site Explorer, Screaming Frog, and WordPress Content Management System.
- Knowledgeable on the most recent search engine algorithm updates and SEO best practices.
- Accomplished at preparing detailed SEO monthly reports and strategy recommendations.
- Basic understanding of HTML coding and how websites work.
- In-depth understanding of technical SEO factors that go into a proper website architecture and layout.
- Travel: 10-15% - primarily trade shows and conferences